Little Rock Commercial & Residential Licensed Master Plumbers
One thing that distinguishes us from our competitors is that we have a very capable team made up of journeymen and master plumbers. Understanding just what Little Rock commercial licensed master plumbers go through to get their license will help you appreciate them.
Little Rock residential licensed master plumbers license requirements
In Arkansas, the statutory requirements to be commercial licensed master plumbers in Little Rock AR are defined by the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH). These include:
- An applicant must have been a plumber for at least 5 years. Alternatively, the applicant must have been a journeyman plumber for 1 year (which is the same thing since a journeyman plumber must have 4 year experience). These conditions have to be proven. Note there are no continuing education requirements to be a master plumber.
- The applicant has to submit a pre-filled application to the State Plumbing Board for Pre-Approval. The board then gives a letter indicating if the applicant can go ahead and do the exam.
- It takes about a month for the license application to be processed. Once accepted to take the exam, the applicant will be required to pay $125 for the exam. The exam, by the Arkansas Plumbing Board, is offered once every month.
- The exam is in an open-book and is a time tests with 50 questions that have to be completed in 4 hours. The exam comes in 4 sections namely drawing, appliance venting, multiple-choice questions, and gas pipe sizing.
- On passing the exam and getting the license, residential licensed master plumbers in Little Rock AR have to pay $200.00 per year for the license, renewable every 1st day of January.
- Once a plumber gets the Arkansas Master Plumbing License, he/she will be able to work in different plumbing fields, among them sanitary drainage, storm drainage, natural gas piping, and water supply.
Benefits of hiring Little Rock commercial licensed master plumbers
You stand to gain many benefits when Little Rock residential licensed master plumbers work on your project. These include:
- Some plumbing jobs such as hydrostatic pressure tests can only be done by a licensed plumber
- The knowledge gathered from years of experience will come in handy
- You risk voiding your warranties when you use an unlicensed plumber
- You are likely to have problems with property insurers if repairs are not done by Little Rock commercial licensed master plumbers